Monday, January 22, 2018

Long Time Gone

Wow! I know I'm a procrastinator but I didn't realize it had been so long since I've written. I know that I kept waiting for better things to happen in my life because I didn't want to focus on the negative and there were certainly a lot of negative things. Many of the things that affected me most cannot be shared because it affects other, more private people in my life as well. 
It is still not real that I live in a care home. I keep thinking how much I want to live at home. But I just can't. I know it, but that doesn't change how desperately I want to go back. 
Most of the other people in this home are either mentally ill, elderly, or severely physically disabled. There is one man in a similar condition to me, but he's about 15 years older than me.  I tend to spend my time playing games on my phone, texting whoever answers me and watching way too much TV. I'm not sure how long I'll be able to keep my TV and internet on so I'm enjoying it while I can. 
A few days ago, a very special uncle of mine passed away and I'm struggling to keep myself out of a downward spiral into sadness. I'm focusing on my favourite happy memories of him. He was a wonderful uncle and I loved him so much. 
That same, very sad day, my niece gave birth to my 9th great niece!! I can't wait to meet her. One of the greatest joys in my life is being an auntie/great auntie! 
This is a fairly short post but I'm hoping to start writing more often. It's a great way to keep my thoughts and memories all together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment