I remember that the one thing that this stupid disease can't take away from me is my ability to love. I have family and friends that I love so fiercely. I'm so happy when I remember that.
I am now struggling to transfer in and out of cars. That just started a couple months ago. Well, that's not true. I've struggled for a while. Now it's almost impossible. So now Kristianne is thinking of selling the car to get a crossover or small SUV. That will extend the amount of time I can have her drive me places. So while I'm proud that I've raised a daughter that considers me in a decision like that, I feel bad because I know she actually really wants a small car but tries to accommodate and include me. She loves me. Now I can't have friends just pick me up to go out spontaneously. I've always been quite spontaneous so this is a very hard thing to get used to. But I will, eventually. My friends are very understanding and just adjust plans and come visit me instead. They love me.
I feel like I complain a lot. I don't mean to, but I feel the need to explain myself all the time. So I'm really not complaining, just explaining.
I am able to entertain friends. I volunteer here at the home with as much as I can. I am a Resident Advisor on the Long Term Care Advisory Council and that has led to me having so many opportunities I never would have had. I am able to watch my great nieces for a few hours at a time and love that! Most of all, I'm able to love!!
Debi don’t ever feel like you are a burden! If I could have a small portion of your strength and willpower I’d be blessed!
ReplyDeleteI hope what I’m about to say gives you a laugh....you are a weeble wobble. You weeble wobble but you don’t fall down...and stay down!